For my birthday we decided to go up to Park City and eat at Ruth's Chris since we had gift cards to go there. I love Park City. If I could live in any city in Utah I think I would want to live there. The weather was great so we decided to eat outside. Kaden is always happier outside anyways, so it was perfect. He had lots of fun sitting in his high chair and tasting our food.
This was when Kaden was tasting Brett's potatoes. He loved them! Brett also made Kaden lick his steak! haha. We also let him taste our delicious dessert which he of course loved and his eyes got huge when he tasted it!
Eating my amazing steak! Yes, I ate the whole thing!
Outside of Ruth's Chris. After dinner we drove over the outlet mall and had fun shopping and looking at all the good deals. We even got started on our Christmas shopping.
The weekend of my birthday we went to my parent's house and had a little family party for my sister Rachel and I. She was turning 1 and was born the day before me. Here's Kaden and Rachel sitting on my mom's lap. I just had to get a picture comparing their sizes! Kaden was 6 1/2 months old here and Rachel was 1. They are the same size but Kaden is growing fast and his hands are already bigger than Rachel's. I have a feeling Kaden is going to be a really big kid!
My mom has never let Rachel have refined sugar before so I decided to make some healthy cookies. They were whole wheat with oats and no sugar- just mashed up bananas were used to sweeten them. She LOVED them! She sat in her high chair eating the little crumbs of her cookie for a long time.
She was so excited and didn't know what to do with the candle.
Then Kaden helped me blow out my candles on the homemade carrot cake my little brother made. That cake is AMAZING! and addicting.
Then a few days later we went out to dinner with Sterling and Calaigh for a birthday dinner. I'm sure spoiled to get so many birthday parties! This is my amazing tank top from Sterling and Calaigh! I was so excited to wear it to the gym.
Here's a good picture of all of us at Chili's. Afterwards the boys took Kaden and Calaigh and I went shopping at the mall! We got to have some much needed girl time :) And Calaigh got to park in the "expectant mother" parking for the first time ever! lol.
My free birthday dessert!
Then that weekend Brett and Kaden and I went camping up in American Fork Canyon. It was so gorgeous and the weather was great! Such a pretty view.
We decided to go exploring and find our own campsite. This is the creek we drove through after driving for like a half hour up a dirt road. Brett was so excited to drive through the creek in our sweet jeep.
Brett and Kaden. Kaden was loving his new backpack carrier.
He was so excited he wouldn't stop squealing in excitement.
So pretty! The view from our campsite.
Our Jeep in it's natural environment ;)
Found our campsite after lots of driving and exploring. Brett found a good place hidden from all the other campers. There were a few scout groups camping near us.
We got our little two person tent set up! Kaden was having lots of fun crawling around on the tarp.
The creek right by our campsite.
Kaden all dressed in his warm new sweats from Grandma.
We went on a little hike to find a pretty lake but didn't end up making it to the top. Kaden was too freezing and we came back to warm him up and make a fire.
Kaden was loving looking at the creek.
Kaden is still mesmerized by the creek.
He is heavy!!
Loving the hike. You can see his little red nose. He was so cold.
We found a random grill-looking thing to cook our tinfoil dinners on. It worked great!
Having fun with Daddy's phone.
Making dinner.
Just chillin while dinner cooked.
Trying to keep warm by the fire. It only got to 50 degrees for the low but it was so cold!! I was so freezing I couldn't feel my hands or feet.
Camping didn't end up being as comfortable as we thought it would be! Around 4 am Kaden was awake and wanting to play and we couldn't sleep because we didn't have an air mattress to we packed up and went home. Then we slept until 11 am. We will have to try camping again with an actual air mattress! And with Kaden's playpen so he will actually go to sleep.











No comments:
Post a Comment