So it all started on February 21st around noon. I went to my 41 week midwife appointment (yes Kaden was a week late!). My midwife Heather induced me with homeopathic remedies and essential oils. Right after I started getting contractions. They weren't that painful and they weren't consistent for awhile. After about 11 hours they started to get really painful, so we drove to the birthing center in Pleasant Grove. I won't go into too much detail... but basically it was REALLY painful. I did survive the all-natural birth... and after 7 1/2 hours of pain Kaden was born :)
Kaden Michael Langford. Born February 22nd 2011 at 7:28 am. 7 lbs 10 oz 21 inches long.
Our cute little boy. He kinda had a cone head for a day
Kaden's first diaper. I was still learning to put it on the right way.
So one of the great things about having a baby with a midwife at a birthing center is that you get to go home whenever you want, as long as you're doing well. So we went home at noon.
Grandpa holding Kaden
The tired parents
Super excited grandparents
Kaden with Aunt Ashley
The next day our best friends Uncle Sterling and Aunt Calaigh came to visit :)
Two days old. Yes his cone head is gone :) He is getting so cute!
He was super tan looking the first few weeks.
Holding our baby boy. Please ignore my awesome hair. I really needed a hair cut but I was way too tired to get one.
Grandma burping Kaden
Day 3: Kaden's first bath. He hated it!! He screamed the whole time.
He finally calmed down after we got him all warm and swaddled.
I was so lucky to have Brett's parents come for a few days when Kaden was born. It was so helpful. I got to take lots of naps while Grandma (Deanne) helped with Kaden. She sure loves Kaden! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment